There are a number of instances where HOW have used their unrivalled retail expertise and depth of knowledge to prepare standalone retail assessments in support of Planning Applications. This includes where HOW do not act as the agent for a Planning Application but where specialist technical justification is required to demonstrate that a retail proposal complies with the national ‘sequential’ and ‘impact’ tests.
Examples of where HOW have undertaken such assessments include:
• Foodstore, Congleton Road Macclesfield – preparation of retail impact and sequential assessments for Cheshire East Engine of the North to justify the provision of a 7,400 sq. m foodstore on land to the south of Macclesfield.
• Mixed-use Development, Vaughan Way, Leicester – preparation of retail impact and sequential assessments for Sowden Group to support a development including a Decathlon store, convenience store and 14 storeys of residential development.
• York Road, Wandsworth – preparation of a sequential assessment for Dunward Properties in support of a mixed use residential, retail and employment development in Battersea, Wandsworth.
• Mill Farm, Kirkham – preparation of sequential and impact assessments on behalf of Mill Farm Ventures justifying the provision of 2,300 sq. m of retail floorspace including an Aldi store to cross fund a new community stadium for AFC Fylde and accompany community sports facility.
• Ferndown Forest – preparation of sequential and impact assessments on behalf of Simons Developments to support a Planning Application for an M&S Simply Food store.