We’re hiring Graduates!
We’re seeking applications from exceptional graduates with the energy, drive and commitment to join our successful planning teams. The role will involve the following key responsibilities working as a team:-
- General planning research
- Assisting with the preparation of supporting planning statements
- Conducting site appraisals for the assessment of planning potential and with support from senior colleagues, providing a planning strategy and timetable for implementation
- Attending client and Council pre-application meetings
- Monitoring planning applications and taking decisive actions
- Attending public consultation events to promote development proposals
- Assisting senior staff with business development and client care
You can expect a good support network to guide you through the APC process from the current graduates in the team and chartered planners who have already been through the process. There are also a wide variety of formal and informal networking opportunities that can be attended such as RTPI events, football tournaments, Institution dinners or other social events throughout the year.
The position offers excellent opportunity for career progression, exposure to a wide range of clients and projects and attractive remuneration, benefits and bonus packages.
Educated to degree level as a minimum and preferably have a Masters in Town Planning degree or a related planning discipline. Degree should be classified in the Upper Second Class (2:1) and be RTPI or RICS accredited.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:-
- Enthusiastic with high energy levels
- An excellent communicator - both written and oral
- Sound academic background - 2:1 degree or above
- Ambition to progress in a young, dynamic and growing organisation
- Strong report writing skills
- Working towards Chartered membership of the RTPI or RICS
- Be a team player
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
We also have the following opportunities available:-
Retail Planner/Senior Planner
- Preparation and co-ordination of planning applications for high profile retail developments
- Negotiation of retail planning applications through to a successful determination
- Preparation of sequential assessments and town centre health checks
- Preparation of accurate and concise Retail Assessments. Experience in undertaking quantitative retail analysis is essential
- Project management of multi-disciplinary teams and regularly reporting to and advising clients
- Assisting in the preparation of Proofs of Evidence and Statement of Common Ground for use at Public Inquiries as well as liaising with the Planning Inspectorate
- Business development responsibilities and client care
- An RTPI or RICS accredited Planning and/or Development degree
- A Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- 2 - 7 years post degree qualification experience at a planning consultancy
For further information please contact Richard Woodford, Partner, on 0161 835 1333 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.